Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Steve Harvey Can Teach us Something....

As a sat and watched this video with Donnie McClurkin interviewing Steve Harvey I almost cried. My mother took me to church as a child but she always told me to "Know God for yourself, not how the preacher and people tell you, but for yourself." When she saw people professing to be so holy or morally perfect, chastise someone for singing secular music or another profession that they didnt approve of she would ask "Do you work for a Christan company?" Meaning all of those critizing the "foul mouthed Emcee" coming into church, look at your place of employment is that company Christian based?

When I watch Steve Harvey break down, I understand the pain. My prayer is that the church would truly learn to love people for who they are. They should see that judging people for what they do is the reason so many people refuse to go to church anymore. God is the only and FINAL judgment.



Thanks to The Rundown for the clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment